Thursday, June 2, 2011

Where Do You Get Your Inspiration?

I love the beach, its sounds, smells, colors and treasures! It is my favorite place to be. For me, the beach is where I feel most connected to the universe, where I  pray, where I cry, where I laugh, where I walk, where I get my inspiration. Throughout the cold New England winters you can find me bundled up by the seashore. In the summer I'll be the one with the big sunglasses building a sandcastle with children draped around my neck. I love the beach, it makes me sing! 

This weekend while my family was in from out of town we made a stop at Wingaersheek Beach in Gloucester. We had a wonderful day chasing hermit crabs, making drip castles, and plunging into the cold ocean in search of sand dollars.  

I took a few photos that day. I was inspired to try a new App that I downloaded onto my Android phone. It's called FxCamera. It comes with three effects, a Polaroid, Fish Eye, and ToyCam. Although the quality of the Polaroid is grainy I really like it. It reminds me of a Polaroid that I'd find tucked away in an attic.       


Original Photo

FxCamera

This summer I hope you find yourself wiggling your toes by the water's edge. There are many beaches that will inspire you. Gloucester alone has seven beaches to choose from. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment