Friday, June 3, 2011

Hang Ten Baby

It's a big day today, an extremely joyous day, and a day of reflection! Ten years ago today I became a mom. As I was designing my little lovely's birthjday card I decided to go with the theme of "hanging ten". I wondered where that phrase originated. Apparently hanging ten is considered one of the most impressive surfing stunts performed on a surfboard. Hanging ten is when the surfer positions the surfboard in such a way that the back of it is covered by the wave and the wave rider is free to walk to the front of the board and hang all ten toes over the nose of the board.  


Sounds complicated. Apparently these surfers thought so too because they wiped out before hanging any digets from the board's edge. Ouch!




Thank you for coming along with me on my journeys this week. 
Enjoy your weekend and any "Stops that you find yourself making Along The Way".

Happy Birthday Baby! Hang Ten! LOVE~







No comments:

Post a Comment