Friday, April 22, 2011

Don't Leave Your Gas Guzzler Running

Every Friday I celebrate two things. 1. All things funny 2. Starbucks. Why Starbucks? Because typically I brew my coffee at home, but on Friday I treat myself to a coffee at Starbucks….so worth the $4 Late’

Today not only is it Funny Friday but it is also Earth Day, and in celebration of Earth Day Starbucks is giving away coffees. All you have to do is bring your travel mug and they‘ll give you a Free coffee.  Oh Yeah!  


My friend, made me laugh as he described how he was going to obtain his free coffee. First  he would drive up in his gas guzzling Ford pickup (leave it running of course), Styrofoam cup in one hand, stack of newspapers in another hand, he’d order his coffee. Maybe this is one of those - you had to be there type of moments, but it made me laugh

Earth Day is a day that is intended to inspire awareness and appreciation for our environment. Earth Day was founded on April 22, 1970 by United States Senator Gaylord Nelson . Today this event is celebrated in more than 175 countries. People all around the globe are taking steps to a greener lifestyle. From buying locally, shopping with reusable bags, driving an electric car, to taking shorter showers (that’s where I draw the line), we can all make a difference. Today I challenge you to make one change towards making our universe greener.

Thank you for coming along with me on my journeys this week. 
A lot of fun things prepared for next week so be sure to follow along!
Enjoy your weekend and any "Stops that you find yourself making Along The Way".


No comments:

Post a Comment