Friday, May 20, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away


It's raining, it's pouring
The old man is snoring
He went to bed and he bumped his head
And couldn't get up in the morning


It's raining you know. It has for two weeks now. What's so funny about that you ask? Well I'm not really sure. I haven't been laughing at all during this wet season; in fact I haven't been able to sleep very well either because at times the rain is so heavy that it wakes me out of a dead sleep. That's scary not funny. Did you know that too much rain can make people cranky? If you didn't perhaps our paths haven't crossed in a couple of weeks because I'm super cranky. It can also make people unmotivated - couch potato - turtleneck wearing - humans.   


Today I thought the rain was kind of funny because as you know today is funny Friday and I actually thought today was Thursday. If you read my post yesterday I know you were patiently waiting to find out who the mystery person is that I spoke about, but guess what? On Friday I post funny things not serious things so I'm sorry to tell you, but you'll have to check back on Monday for the conclusion to that story. 


But for today let's have a laugh, build an arc, gather some animals, and talk about the end of the world as we know it. Oh, I'm sorry you didn't hear about that? Well apparently there are some people that think the world will end on Saturday. I'm not really sure what it's based on, but I think it's pretty funny because it reminds me of Y2K. I remember that year really well because IT companies around the world spent billions of dollars marketing their "fix it" technology, while others revised their entire application source code to look for the Y2K bug and to fix it. When the clock ticked Jan 1, 2000, no major problems were reported. The world went on with its normal life. My mother on the other hand was convinced that something big would happen so she ran out and got lanterns, batteries, food, and who knows what else. The funny thing is that I saw the lanterns yesterday when I was at her house. They made me really laugh. 


I'm not sure if Saturday will be the end or if today will be the end, but I hope that the rain would end!


Thank you for coming along with me on my journeys this week. 
Enjoy your weekend and any "Stops that you find yourself making Along The Way". 


No comments:

Post a Comment