Monday, May 9, 2011

A Gluttonous Afternoon

(Gluttony over-indulgence and over-consumption of fooddrink, or intoxicants to the point of waste.) 


Everybody deserves a day of overindulgence. This past Saturday that is exactly what I did, and I'm paying for it.




After my nephew's confirmation we went into the city to celebrate. My sister did a fantastic job orchestrating this event; she did it right, and we all payed for the gluttonous afternoon we enjoyed. The feast started at The Florentine in Boston's North End. The array of appetizers that graced the table was "magnifico" . I should have stopped after the Antipasti, the Pizzette, the Calamari, the Potato Crochets, and the Fresh Mozzarella with Tomato, but do you think I stopped there? Of course not, when in Rome or Boston's North End...For the meal I had every sea creature that ever swam the ocean blue. Half of a lobster tail, calamari, mussels, clams & scallops, served in a tomato sauce over a bed of pasta. Excellent. At this point I was busting at the seams, but wait there's more...cake & coffee of course. The cake was truly decadent. If you haven't had a cake from Konditormeister I highly recommend it. Master decorators and bakers, their cakes are delicious and beautiful. You nearly had to roll me out the door after the 6" squared piece that I consumed. 

Do you think that was all? Of course not! After we left the restaurant my lovely hubbie looks across the road and suggests that we all go to the Cafe Vittoria. As I said before, when in Rome, or in the North End...so we went over for an espresso. That's it! The meter was reading "FULL" but now it was on "COMBUST". When we finally got home I couldn't wait to get my fancy fancy off and get my mama jammas on. I sat on the couch for half hour and then had to go to bed. I was sick to my stomach; gluttony had set in. 

Fast forward to today, I am "no kidding" still full and swear that the only thing I'll eat all week is oatmeal. I swear!

No comments:

Post a Comment