Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Delightful Discovery



I've warned you about my addiction to consignment stores right? I can't simply walk by especially if they have nice upscale merchandise at a fraction of the cost. This past weekend I happened to be at the mall,not a lover of malls, but I had to make a stop. As I walked in I saw a consignment store. Oooh now that's a clever idea, and a stop I don't mind making. As I browsed around I found several wonderful things, but only bought  a pair of flats that I really needed for the spring. Deal! The two girls working the shop were so nice, helpful, and a real pleasure to chat with. As I paid for my merchandise I mentioned that I should feature this stop in my blog. One of the sales people then mentioned a design blog that her brother had just started too. We enjoyed our conversation about blogging and design. I briefly thought that I remembered her face but couldn't place where. I guess after you reach a certain age everyone seems to look familiar, so I began to walk toward the exit. The sales clerk said "what's your name?" I told her and she immediately said I think I know you. My name is not common so when she said that she knew me I had to reenter the store to try to solve the mystery. I'm glad I did because we did know each other. She happened to be a sister-in-law of a friend of mine. We had met on several occasions, but it had been a while since our paths had crossed. What a delightful stop this was. Not only did I get a great pair of gold flats, but also an opportunity to re-connect with a long lost acquaintance. 

Click here for Second time Around - Resale goes Upscale at the Burlington Mall

Click here to visit my friend's brother's blog       

No comments:

Post a Comment