Thursday, August 18, 2011

Zu "Queen" ni Bread

Have you noticed that the nights are getting slightly shorter and a little chillier? Although I am not happy about either one thing I do enjoy is the fruits and vegetables of the season, and the wonderful recipes that can be made with them. 

  • Yesterday when I stopped by my mother's house I took a walk through her garden. I was amazed at how tall the corn had gotten, how nicely the pumpkins were growing, how colorful the squash were, and how big the zucchinis were. 

  • Among the beautiful green leaves, I found this lovely zucchini. It made me want to come home and cook a zucchini bread. Have you ever made one? To be honest I haven't because my mom is the  Zu "Queen" ni bread maker. I'm not sure where she got her recipe but it is really yummy especially with cream cheese on it. Maybe this will be the year that I cook me up a batch of bread........nahh, I wouldn't want to steal her crown!

  • Here is her recipe - Enjoy:
  •  



  • Zucchini Bread

    3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoons ground nutmeg
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups white sugar
  • 1 cups grated zucchini
  • 2 cups of raisins

Directions

  1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  3. Beat eggs, oil, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and raisins until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment