Thursday, August 4, 2011

Manchester Arts Festival - #2

Today I continue my walk through the Manchester Arts Festival with Eugene Quinn. 
http://www.eugenejquinn.com/
As paddle surfing has grown in popularity here in the North Shore, when I saw this painting of a surfer on the beach it really caught my eye. Eugene's use of color is magnificent, and sets the mood for all of his oil paintings. You must make his studio in Rockport, MA one of your stops, I promise that you won't be disappointed.  
http://www.etsy.com/people/OrabelleBaby
These colorful little ladies created by artist and mom Shayne Ostrowski caught my eye as I walked the festival. Shayne started Orabelle Baby after having her first child. Frustrated at not being able to find clothes she liked she decided to create her own line. If you are looking for modern clothing for your little lovely Orabelle Baby has colorful dresses, skirts, shirts, and much more. 



www.artfeltcreations.com
A I continued my walk I stopped to watch artist Susan Kenna in the ancient art of needle-felting. Each bead that she creates is individually designed and made of 100% wool. The process is really fun to watch, and the end product is really beautiful to wear. 


patrickehorgan@yahoo.com
Artist Patrick Horgan uses the ancient art of Gyotaku to create his art. Gyotaku is a Japanese word that literally means “hand-rubbed fish impression” and involves brushing a thin coating of ink on the surface of a fish, and making an impression of the inked fish on a thin sheet of paper. Who would have known that fish are not only delicious on the grill but also look amazing on rice paper?!

Have a great weekend. I'm off to Maine next week so stay tuned for fun stops to share when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment