Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Open Uncle Billy


I hope you all enjoyed the long holiday weekend while consuming mouthfuls of hot dogs, hamburgers and other wonderfulness on the grill. It was nice to have a few days off, to visit with friends, and to have friends stop by. I always think that I'm going to get tons done during these long weekends, and then I find myself just laying in a hammock reading a book, or taking a stroll on the beach. 


On Sunday that's exactly what I did, I went to the beach and took in the all the sights, smells, and sounds. As my lovely took a dip into the water, I couldn't help but notice a group of boys shouting "I'm open uncle Billy". As I watched it was clear that they were playing a game football Frisbee. I really enjoyed this scene, it was the epitome of summer, of independence, of family, of fun! Uncle Billy ruled the beach that day, making each child feel like a champ. What a day, what a memory they'll have!


How about you? Did you have a day that will go down in the books? A memory that will make you smile for years to come? 






No comments:

Post a Comment