Thursday, November 17, 2011

Get Some Action

It’s  that time of year again; the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, picking out the best gift, the perfect wrapping paper, and ribbon. As for me I gave that up about three years ago when I started a tradition with my older nieces and nephews. Instead of frantically trying to find a gift for each of them I create a special day that is tailored to them.


This type of gift giving has really worked out well for many reasons. First, it gives me quality time with each of them. Second it allows me to take my time and find something along the way that I think they will enjoy. Third , it allows me to stretch my budget which helps tremendously around the holiday season. Especially since there are eight that I need to consider, and lastly, it helps us discover new places and things together.


Here's how it works:
1. Keep my eyes peeled for deals that may involve something that they would enjoy
When I find something I schedule the day. I have been very lucky finding deals on:





Groupon
Buy With Me
Deal Go Round
Eversave

2. Via mail I send little hints leading up to the day. Usually they are so random that they don't guess it.


3. I pick them up and disclose what the day will consist of.


Some of the events that we have enjoyed have been The Blue Man Group, Cake Boss, Cirque de Sole’, Movies, Theatre, Ogo, etc..


This past weekend two of my nephews and I celebrated their day. I picked them up, went to breakfast, and then told them that we were heading for a paintball adventure by Action Games. I found this deal on Buy With Me. Saving of 50%. Cha Ching!

Since neither of us had ever done paintball we didn’t know what to expect. We suited up in camo, loaded our guns with paint, and with butterflies in our belly we hit the woods. 
Located in Tewksbury Action Games  has 6 outdoor fields that specific games are played. Games like capture the flag, attack & defend, Fort Courage, Mission Recon, etc... Games are typically played from 9-2 with a short break for FREE BBQ luch at 12:00.



Is it painful you ask? Well let's put it this way, I have welts in places that I can't disclose BUT we had a fabulous day! I loved it, and my nephews had a blast too.
If you're looking for something to do, I highly recommend it as one of your stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment