Tuesday, November 8, 2011

S T R E S S



What stresses you out ?
Work? Clutter? Weight? Relationships? Bills? Kids? Laundry? 
These are just a few things that come to mind, but there are a long list of other things that can really bring you down. I was feeling a bit stressed yesterday. Big project, time crunch, ...you know that sort of thing. I couldn't wait to get home to escape the madness. When my little lovely got home I decided to scoop her up and go for a walk at Appleton Farms, a place that always soothes my soul and calms my spirit.


Appleton Farms is a 658 acre of farmland located in Ipswich, MA. It is a breathtaking  peice of property. Its rolling grasslands, farm animals, and antique homes, make it a picture perfect New England stop.  


On our walk we chatted about stress. I asked her if she thought that people back in the good old days were more stressed than people today. She thought that people in general don't change so therefore there was still the same amount of stress back then as there is today. Pretty interesting, right? 


I never really looked at it from that perspective,I guess the way that I saw it was people today have more stress because they have more stuff, more things to worry about, bigger homes, more bills, heavier workloads etc.. If that is the case then why not just do with less? Wouldn't that help our stress level? We seem to have everything that we need to make our lives easier; washing machines, microwaves, cars, heating systems, etc.. and life seems more difficult.


Back in the olden days people had less. They got together in the evenings, sat by the fire, read, talked, crafted, taught, etc.. Were they stressed? My little lovely seems to think that they probably were because people don't change. The basic fiber of a human remains consistent from one era to another, so if a person is going to stress they will regardless. Interesting.


So what do you think? Don't stress yourself out, but I'd love to hear your perspective.



1 comment:

  1. Your little lovely is just THAT...LOVELY! XO Love her perspective...spot on!

    ReplyDelete