Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Indian Summer



Last week we had some chilly days her in New England so I did what every normal New Englander does; I regrettably switched my summer wardrobe to fall, and sadly began to layer up. The only good thing about switching wardrobes is that you weed out some pieces that you don't particularly care for anymore, and replace those items with new ones. 

I know this is inevitable so I typically take it in stride rather than kick and scream; but then something wonderful happened this past weekend, just like that !BAM! we got above normal temperatures that were to die for. I'm talking a solid weekend of 80 's and above, an Indian Summer. 

If you live in a region that doesn't experience this type of weather change, an Indian summer refers to a period of considerably above normal temperatures, and typically occurs in the Northern Hemisphere between September and mid November. Even though I had packed up my shorts I welcomed the sun with open arms. I went back to the attic and got down my summer gear and headed straight for the beach, oh yeah, now that's what I'm talking about! 

No comments:

Post a Comment